The Porter Tribe

The Porter Tribe
new years 2012

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Its that time of year again. We all made the trip to Aunt Dana's and made candy . Dana had it all planed out this year. Because we are getting so old and We almost die getting every thing done she came up with a plan to help it along . We had 3 cookers .Dana Darla and Lucia(she is growing up) We had 3 cutting stations. Along the bar on the foldout table and a make shift one out of plywood and sawhorses . I should have gotten pictures of the whole thing . It went fast and I dint get pics till cleanup time . I didn't get one of LuLu cooking . Maybe Aunt Janice did tho.  

 A high part of the day was when Jesse's boy friend came to pick her up for lunch and we all ran outside to see him . She jumped in the car and we could see her saying go go .. He was really laughing. We tryed to catch him when he came home but missed him.
A disturbing part of the day was that some kids ran wild and Danas den door was broken and also some toys. This has been a reoccurring problem witch takes the fun out of being together.
A sad part of the day was Lydia couldn't come as her family had the throw ups. Baily had them to and only missed the toilet or bowl once. Good thing Aunt Jessie was there as Grandma (Louise) couldn't clean it up.
Robert and Kim were not able to get to Williams for thanks giving thanks to the snow storm . so they ended there Family reunion by driving down to see us and spend a few hours.Boy has Little Edger grown . Grandpa

Doesn't like to make candy so they played together the whole time . I spent most of my time covered in powdered sugar so I just gave him lots of sweet kisses.

We had a great time visiting . We also had thanksgiving dinner with Dana. Lots of food .Thanks giving night LuLu spent in Wall mart helping Darla get her Christmas shopping done. We got an Item also . I think LuLu enjoyed herself.Dana and Papi and I spent all the next day searching for an item that will remain anonymous till Christmas .We looked and looked but was successful lat in the day. I also was able to get my married kids gifts and also some off the big kids stuff and also .So I feel well on my way to being done
The other big event that happened this week is that we got a car . we are happy to say the last one bit the dust ,went the way of the world ,has seen better days, in other words It blew its engine. So when I was praying I felt we should go to Richfield and get another car. We found a Dodge Derango I didn't like the tires so had them put new ones on . It worked great getting threw the storm to and from Sandy . .The only draw back is the color. its this silvergoldish thing . I'm sure there was lots more that went on this week but I'm either to old or to tired to remember!
I love you all
Mamita

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get there and have such a good time! I'm excited to one day get the whole "candy-making" experience I've heard so much about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday maybe we can all go to your house and make candy!

    ReplyDelete