The Porter Tribe

The Porter Tribe
new years 2012

Sunday, November 6, 2011

So many blessings

I took notes today about the things I wanted to blog about. Today was Fast Sunday. I so enjoyed all the testimonies that were shared. My friends only daughter was married in the Salt Lake temple on Friday. Her whole family was with her. Her two older brothers and her mother all bore testimonies of the joy that was felt at the temple as they all stood in the celestial room and saw all of their family and many of their loved ones. One of the boys said he knew that that's how it will be when we have passed on. Our families with us in the celestial kingdom, and how joyfull that would be for us. I reflected about the many times I have been to the Temple. The first to be sealed to my own mother, father, and brothers and sisters. I have been many times since but the ones that stand out most in my mind were being sealed to my eternal companion. How I felt as I realized we were together forever . That our marriage would last beyond death. Next is when our son Seth was sealed to us. All my beautiful children were there and so many of my family, I cryed like a baby. Then I think of my three youngest children who were sealed to us in the Manti temple. They were so hurt and damaged when they came to live with us. Now they are such acomplished young ladies, and a tall growing young man. These are just a few of the times I remember and I also think of my sons being sealed to their spouses. I am looking forward to the next month when I will be attending the Temple with my 3rd son who will be receiving blessings and making covenants with the lord before he serves a 2 year mission. This is the same boy who made me cry so hard at the temple when were were sealed together when he was just 5. I am truly grateful for the Temple and the blessing that we receive there.
Our lesson today was about the pure religion and what is taught in James about it. Having Charity or the pure love of Christ is a form or part of pure religion. I thought about the many homeless people that I see. I have seen two young boys, one 21 and the other only 18, who were left in the canyon as a joke by their last ride with no food or water, 15 miles to the next town. We brought them home, had them shower, and fed them. We also drove them to the next Town over and made sure they had food and water for several days . We hope they made it to Arizona were one of them had a brother. I also thought of the older lady trying to get to California were it is warm and had no money or food. We gave her what we had in the car and drove her to the next town. We can not help them all, and both times we felt the spirit tell us to stop and help. We always offer water even if we can not give a ride. I hope that our meager efforts to help the poor are worth something.
Our sacrament hymn was page 180 "Father in Heaven, We do Believe"  I was impressed during the sacrament to read the other verses.
5 We will be buried in the stream In Jesus blessed name, And rise while light shall on us beam The spirits Heavenly flame.
6 Baptize us with the Holy Ghost And seal us as thine own, That we may join the ransomed host and with the saints be one
4 Humbly we take the sacrament in Jesus Blessed name Let us receive thu covenant The spirits heavenly flame.
I was so touched by the words that I opened my scriptures and read the two verses that went with this song 3 Neiphi 12:9 and 3 Neiphi 18:7,11
I am touched by the Love that the Savior has for all God's children to die for our sins and provide a plan that we can return to him.
When we had our good news minite in Relief society today, my good new was that Seth fell last night and his leg was going numb and he was grinding as he walked. We took him to the hospital were he was Xrayed and although his back was twisted it was just muscle spasms causing the pain and grinding feeling. He should feel better in about two weeks. I felt very blessed as it could have been so bad.
Today has been a great day to reflect and grow. I am indeed thankful for a day of fasting
Love ya all
Mamita

No comments:

Post a Comment